The Annapolis Maritime Museum is a dynamic place. Your financial support is needed to maintain momentum, develop top-notch programs, expand exhibits, care for our buildings and attract talented staff.
With an exquisite view of the Bay as a backdrop from our waterfront, the Museum is a place for young and old. Friends of the Museum can attend winter lectures, the spring Oyster Roast and Sock Burning, summer concerts, the Boatyard Beach Bash, art shows, and other special events.
The Education Center at the Museum continues to impact the lives of children in Anne Arundel County. Our Education Center provides maritime heritage and Chesapeake Bay ecology programming for over 3,000 public and private school students, pre-K through high school. We have recently initiated two innovative programs: a summer Horizons program for Spanish speaking students, and, most notably, a 6th grade oyster-based environmental literacy program with over 1,000 students from local middle schools.
The board is committed to cost-efficient, effective expansion of the Museum's reach with 100% of our Board providing financial support. We're proud to report:
- 10,000+ people visit the Museum annually.
- 89.7% of our funding is public support: grants, event fundraising, membership and annual fund donations from great people like you.
- 350 dedicated volunteers shared 8,000 hours of time and talent in roles ranging from Museum and Thomas Point Lighthouse docents, wooden boat display carpentry, education program instructors, office support and more!
- Less than 5% of our overall budget is spent on fundraising.
Your financial contributions are essential to achieve our goals and serve the local community and visitors to Annapolis. Please take a moment to send your donation to the Annapolis Maritime Museum, 723 Second Street, PO Box 3088, Annapolis, MD 21403 or give online.
With best regards,
Chairman of the Board
Other Ways to Donate
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com