- The Caterer and/or Event Planner are fully responsible for the event. They will be considered the authorized agent for any additions or changes that may need to be made.
- All Caterers must provide a copy of their Certificate of Insurance and a copy of their current Health Department License seven days prior to the event.
- Set-up, Breakdown, and Cleaning of the kitchen, deck and piers, Exhibit Gallery and Bay Room is the Caterer’s responsibility. Listed below are the guidelines.
- Caterers must schedule a walk through with their client and a Museum staff person prior to the event.
- PLEASE NOTE: all caterers must clean the kitchen and function rooms after each use.
Before the Event:
- All deliveries must be coordinated with the AMM Venue Manager and occur during the times that are convenient to the operation of the Maritime Museum.
- Catering staff and other vendors may not be in the Exhibit Room if the Museum is open to the public. Violation of this policy will result in the forfeiture of the security deposit made by the client.
- All grills are to be used in designated areas only, and must be in compliance with the Anne Arundel County Fire Code. Open flames are prohibited on the deck.
- Parking is limited; vendor vehicles may use the small lot only during drop-off and break-down times.
During the Event:
- If spillage occurs, the Caterer must clean and mop the area to avoid damage/injury.
- As trash containers become full, they must be removed to the appropriate dumpsters and re-bagged.
- If Exhibit Gallery is being used, trash and drinks must be monitored. Use of exhibits by the caterer or bride must be discussed and approved at the time of the walk through.
After the Event:
- Thoroughly wipe down and sanitize counter tops, sinks and the inside of the refrigerator, ovens and microwave.
- Remove all containers from the refrigerator, oven and tabletops.
- Do not dump food or grease into the sink.
- Sweep and damp mop kitchen floor and function areas. If the deck was used, the deck will need to be swept as needed.
- Please use recycle bins for all bottles, cans and plastic. The bins are located in front of the Barge House.
- All trash must be placed in the appropriate containers near the Barge House.