Summer Camp FAQ
What weeks/times does summer camp run?
What is your camper to staff ratio?
The camper to staff ratio is 1:7. Each camp will have 2 adult staff and at least 1 high school counselor.
The summer camp staff has extensive camp experience. The Director of Education has over 20 years, the Camp Director has 9 years and the Assistant Director has 5 years of camp experience.
Is the summer camp staff CPR/First Aid certified?
Yes! Safety is the number one priority of the education program and we take many precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of program participants. All of the summer camp staff is certified in both CPR and First Aid.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child's specific allergy or medical needs please contact the Camp Director directly.
How many campers are in each session?
The Annapolis Maritime Museum has a capacity of 20 campers per session.
How do I register my child for camp?
To register your child for camp, complete the on-line application.
The summer camp I am interested in is full, how do I sign up for the waitlist?
How much is summer camp?
- For a limited time we are offering a $295 Early Bird Special; 20% off siblings and multi-week enrollment.
- Summer camp is $315.00 for members of the Annapolis Maritime Museum and $350.00 for nonmembers. If you are not a current AMM member and would like to become one visit the membership page to register.
- $75.00 is due per camp at the time of registration; the remaining balance is due by June 1, 2014.
Do you have before/after care?
Yes! Before care runs from 8:00 - 9:00 AM, Monday - Friday and is $35.00 per week. After care runs from 4:00-5:30 PM, Monday – Friday and is $50.00 per week. We offer a drop in rate per day of $10.00 for before care and $15.00 for after care.
Is food provided at camp?
Campers need to bring a lunch each day. We will provide a morning snack during camp and an afternoon snack during after care. Snacks will vary and may include fresh fruit, pretzels or crackers.
Once I register, when will I get more information?
- A confirmation email will be sent within 48 hours.
- Parent packets will be sent the first week of June and will include camp policies and procedures, health forms, and information on what to bring to camp.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellation requests received before April 1 – Full refund minus a $15.00 administrative fee per camp
- Cancellation request received before June 1 – 50% refund
- Cancellation request after June 1 – No refunds will be given
My high school student is interested in volunteering this summer, how can they get involved?
High school students 16 years and above may apply to be a counselor this summer. Interested teens should complete an application. Teens will interview with the education department before being placed as a counselor.